Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Etude 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley


So here's my very first wine review posting on my website. For those of you who read my introductory post or profile you will see that I'm a big believer in getting value for your wine dollar, and here I go with a review of a wine that retails for about $80.

Etude 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley is a study in harmony. The nose and palate both give wonderful fruit flavors of blackberry, plum, and cassis with a subtle hint of smoky vanilla. This classic cab has a beautiful, rich mouthfeel with smooth, silky tannins. Etude is a fruit forward but perfectly balanced expression of Cabernet Sauvignon.

OK - so that's about as flowery and wine critic like as I'll ever sound, but this is a wine I'm really excited about. This classic California cab is a rock star! Wine Enthusiast gave it 96 points and I think that Etude earns every point. Although its expensive, its worth every penny and then some!

Like any great Cabernet, this wine wants red meat to go with it. Filet Mignon, Lamb Chops or any nice cut of steak is a perfect compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment