Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Welcome to A Couple of Wines

Welcome to A Couple of Wines - my website dedicated to all things wine and some things food. Here you will find all sorts of information about wine - education, recommendations, reviews, and information on wine and food pairings. At times you will also see recommended recipes with a wine pairing to go with it.

This is not a professional wine site, but a site created by an everyday, ordinary lover of wine for other wine drinkers to read and hopefully enjoy. I am not a trained wine taster or reviewer or a "super taster." I am a simple, ordinary person who developed a love of wine while working as a field based sales manager for a Berkeley, CA based company and frequently visiting Napa and Sonoma during my trips to the main office.

My hope is to give my readers reviews and commentary that are written in simple, straightforward language that will help you to learn more about wine and to choose wines that you enjoy. I believe that wine is something that should give us great joy and never make us feel stressed, uncomfortable, or in the presence of snobbery. My focus is not on perfection or any one particular style but on value for your money. I believe that there are excellent wines out there in many different price ranges, and the important thing for me is that the wine is worth the price you pay. This doesn't mean I only like inexpensive wines, it simply means that a wine should be worth the price you pay for it. Somtimes that means a really good $10 everyday wine, and sometimes that means that amazing $100 bottle that is strictly for very special occasions.

I should note that most of the content on this website is written by me, but that my wife is my tasting partner who indirectly has a significant contribution to all that you see here on this site. She makes the "Couple" in A Couple of Wines.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the content that you find on this website, and most importantly I hope you find some wines that you enjoy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment